Race Kit Pick Up
Thursday, May 4 & Friday, May 5
9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Mackenzie Health Foundation
955 Major Mackenzie Drive West, Suite 303
- The 2017 course will again be on the streets of Richmond Hill and Vaughan – running on Major Mackenzie Drive and Bathurst Street.
- Pre and post event activities will take place at the front of Alexander Mackenzie High School – facing onto Major Mackenzie (300 Major Mackenzie Drive West).
- Start line will be on Major Mackenzie Drive – just west of Trench street
- Finish line will be on Trench Street – just North of the hospital.
Please plan to arrive early as there will be traffic delays due to road closures.
Free parking will be available on the North/East side of Trench Street across from Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital. Additional parking will open up at Alexander Mackenzie High School. Volunteers will be present to direct you.
We encourage all participants to carpool if possible.
Event Day Schedule
7:00 a.m. – Registration, pledge drop off, race vendor fair opens and race kit pick up
7:30 a.m. – Opening ceremonies
8:00 a.m. – 5K start (no late starts permitted)
8:10 a.m. – 1K start
9:00 a.m. – After Race Party: prizes, medals, complimentary food trucks, refreshments/snacks and more!
The participant’s experience begins when they register for Strides for Stroke. They pay the entry fee and set up their personal fundraising web page on the event site. The new registrant may also form a team.
In the days leading up to the actual event, the participant solicits funds from friends, family, coworkers, and associates. Those donations are received online or through the mail.
On the day of the event, the Check-in atmosphere is full of energy with music, exhibitors and food.
Strides for Stroke 5k Run/Walk is a chip-timed race supported by a large group of volunteers providing water and plenty of cheers along the route. Registration includes your race fee, a race chip, entertainment, t-shirt, finisher medals, prizes, complimentary refreshments, on-site massages and much more!
After Party/Kid Zone
The participants will be greeted at the end of the route with music, food, drinks, awards, prizes and other entertainment.
The 1K fun run is for kids under the age of 12 and will begin after the 5K takes off, at approx. 8:10 a.m. The course will be a grassy route on the property of Alexander Mackenzie High School (not on the streets like the 5K). Please note that there are no race kits or t-shirts for 1K participants, children will be provided with a gift bag upon completion of the 1K.
The course will be well marked and marshalled at every turn for your safety.
There will be water available at the start/finish area as well as at the 2.5 km point. Lots of volunteers will cheer and support along the route!
- The 5K race will be chip timed by ChipTime results. Participants will be given a race bib with a timing device attached. The race bib will act as your entry card to access the event and post-race party.
- Chips are imbedded in the bib and will be activated upon crossing the start line.
- Race bibs should be pinned, unmodified and fully visible on the front of your shirt throughout the entire race. Participants will receive their race bib with pins at race kit pick up.
Prizes will be awarded for top fundraising:
- Kids (under 12)
- Regular Team
- School Team
- Corporate Team
- Bank Team
- Hospital Team
Finisher Medals will be awarded as follows (based on chip-time):
Overall: 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place
1st & 2nd Place for both male and female the following categories:
- 12 and under
- 13 – 19
- 20 – 29
- 30 – 39
- 40 – 49
- 50 – 59
- Over 60
Results will be posted back at Alexander Mackenzie High School following the race.
The CommitteeMackenzie Health Foundation would like to thank the wonderful volunteers who dedicate their time and skills to helping us organize this great event since 2006.
Co-Chairs: John Vettese & Patrick Ciccolini
Past Chair: Joseph Gulizia
Sara La Gamba
Enzo Di Iorio