MACKENZIE VAUGHAN HOSPITAL
Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital
In recognition of the urgent need for greater access to healthcare in our community, the Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital Project continues to move forward at an unprecedented pace. One of five major projects to be featured in the 2013 Ontario Provincial Budget as receiving significant financial support in the next three years, Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital will offer core, specialty and regional hospital services.
The new Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital is the first new hospital to be built in Southwest York Region in more than 50 years and will include:
- a state-of-the-art emergency department
- modern surgical services and operating rooms
- access to acute inpatient and intensive care beds
- technologically-advanced diagnostic imaging
- specialized ambulatory clinics
- a flexible design to permit adaptation over time as new thinking and best practices emerge
Conveniently located at the northwest corner of Jane and Major Mackenzie Drive just north of Canada’s Wonderland, the new Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital will be directly accessible to Highway 400 and the connecting 407 and 401 Highways providing ease of access for patients arriving by ambulance or their own vehicle. The new hospital will be part of a larger healthcare precinct which will provide a multitude of services currently being planned in collaboration with the City of Vaughan. For more information on the Health Precinct Plan click here.