Donor Care Centre
Mackenzie Health is a dynamic regional health care provider serving a population of more than a half-million people across York Region and beyond. Mackenzie Health’s vision is to create a world-class health experience. Mackenzie Health Foundation shares this vision, with the mission to inspire inspirational gifts from our generous community.
Your gifts fund life-saving equipment and technology, capital improvements and continuing education opportunities, supporting Mackenzie Health in providing specialized and compassionate care close to home for families in our community.
Our Accountability to You - Privacy
Donor Bill of Rights
PHILANTHROPY is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving of the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgement in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, trustworthy and forthright answers.
The Donor Bill of Rights was created by the American Association of Fundraising Counsel (AAFRC), Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP), Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) and the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP).
Change Personal Information
To change your personal information such as your address, telephone number or email, visit the link provided below to fill out a form.Change Personal Information
Request a Duplicate Receipt
All gifts over $10 are eligible for tax receipts from Mackenzie Health Foundation. Monthly gifts are receipted for the total annual amount at the beginning of the next calendar year around mid-February. One-time gifts are receipted shortly after the foundation receives your gift. If you have lost or misplaced your receipt, you can request a duplicate receipt by contacting the foundation at 905-883-2032 or by filling out the form via the link below.Request Duplicate Receipt
From event guides and fundraising toolkits to assist you or your team to organize community drives to learning how to leave a gift in your will, Mackenzie Health has a detailed resource section that offers downloadable content and important links to help you get involved in our fundraising efforts and making a difference in your community.Visit Now