FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How can I make a donation?
Your gifts fund life-saving equipment and technology, capital improvements and continuing education opportunities, providing dedicated hospital physicians and staff with the necessary tools to better care for our patients and their families. Here are ways you can donate:
Single gift or monthly donation
Making a one-time gift or monthly gift is quick and easy.You can do so through many of the options listed below.
- Phone: 905-883-2032 or 905-832-4554 Ext. 7800
Donate online and automatically receive an electronic tax receipt for gifts of $10 and more. Annual receipts are sent for monthly gifts. You can also print a donation form and send it by:
- Fax: 905-883-2034.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mail: Mackenzie Health Foundation,
10 Trench St.,
Richmond Hill, ON
- Drop off at the Foundation office:
955 Major Mackenzie Dr. W, Suite 303,
For other ways to make a gift, such as legacy and tribute donations, corporate/employee matching and more please visit Ways to Give to find out how you can support Mackenzie Health.
What is Mackenzie Health Foundation’s Charitable Business Number?
Our Charitable Business Number is: 11930 6215 RR0001
Do I get tax receipts for my donation?
All gifts over $10 will receive a tax receipt.
Monthly gifts are receipted for the total annual amount at the beginning of the next calendar year.
One-time gifts are receipted shortly after the foundation receives your gift. If you have lost or misplaced your receipt, you can request a duplicate receipt by contacting the foundation at 905-883-2032 or by email.
How can I change my personal information?
To update your address, telephone number or email, please submit an email providing original information followed by new information. You will receive confirmation via email that your information has been received and updated.
What happens to my personal information?
At Mackenzie Health Foundation we appreciate your support and we treat your personal information with respect. We do not rent, sell or trade any personal information.
The information you provide will be used to keep you informed of events and fundraising opportunities supporting Mackenzie Health.
If at any time you wish to be removed from our mailing list, simply contact us by phone at 905-883-2032 or by fax at 905-883-2034 or email at email@example.com
What is a Donor Bill of Rights?
PHILANTHROPY is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving of the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists. To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, trustworthy and forthright answers.
The Donor Bill of Rights was created by the American Association of Fundraising Counsel (AAFRC), Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP), Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) and the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP).
How can I become a volunteer?
Volunteers are crucial to the success of our fundraising and community engagement initiatives. You can volunteer at our events, assist in office duties or join a committee. To hear more or begin the application process, visit our Get Involved section.
How can I host an event on behalf of the Foundation?
By organizing an event benefiting Mackenzie Health, you are contributing financial support and raising vital awareness to improve health care for our community. Proceeds from these events may be designated to a hospital department/program of your choice that’s close to your heart whether it’s Cardiology, Neonatal Care, Palliative Care, Emergency, etc.
Examples of past community events held to benefit Mackenzie Health include:
- Golf tournaments
- Fashion shows
- Dress down days
- Fundraising dinners
Download the Community Event Partner Toolkit for tips on how to plan a successful fundraising event, ideas for events and how the foundation can support your efforts.
If you are planning an event please fill out and submit our online Event Proposal Form. You can also download and complete a hard copy version that can be submitted to Mackenzie Health Foundation prior to your event through fax or mail.
If you are interested in hosting a community event to benefit Mackenzie Health and require assistance, please call or email Daniel Salvatore at 905-883-1212 ext 7496.
Can I fundraise online?
How can I share my story about my experience at Mackenzie Health?
If you are a grateful patient of Mackenzie Health, or family member of one and would like to share your story, we would love to hear from you. Please visit Share Your Story and inspire others with your story.